.soulpreciousthots.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mistaken identity: Pakis-pinne

Ask me about my new work.

It is not that new actually. Just that I got transferred from tanjong pagar to harbourfront or rather, pasir panjang to be exact, because my supervisor is on block leave and I am needed to assist a project here.

The first day I came, I was late by almost half an hour. Reached the busstop and had to walk pass a construction site, climb up a hill before I could reach the building. That’s not all. The building itself is very big consisting lobby A – D. Mine is located at lobby C thus, another long walk before I could reach the office at level 5. Luckily that is only for the first day because from the next day onwards, I can take the free shuttle bus.

So by the time I settled down at my new desk, it’s close to lunch time. The new office is way bigger than the one at tanjong pagar. It’s more like a multi racial kind hub because there are an equal number of Chinese, Indians, Malays and also other races. Hehe! I thought could at least go for lunch with the new colleagues but they were so busy so I stayed in and ate the sandwiches mother packed for me in the morning.

The first friend I made was the cleaner. She started conversing to me in English as she thought I was a Filipino. Yes, another person who thought I am a Filipino and that already sums up to more than a bunch of people who thought I really look like one. That doesn’t include people who thought I am a Pakistani. Oh, don’t get me started on that. I shall consider writing up a book or something on mistaken identity. Side track is very bad for me, y’know.

Now back to my story. The next friend I made was the T&O guy. He invited me for lunch but I had to give it a miss because I was already full after eating the sandwiches. As I’ve mentioned earlier, there are quite a number of Indians here so they converse in their own language whenever they talk to each other. This guy, he is macam hero hindustan. From his face to the way he looks at you and till the way he talks. Now that I am describing him, I realize he looks like Hritik Roshan! And if I heard correctly, his name is Abishek. Mind you, he doesn’t speak Tamil but Hindi! Tak dapat SRK, this guy also can la! I tak cerewet sgt bab2 ni. Hehehehehe!

Looking at the condition and environment of the new office, I think I can adapt to it faster than the previous one. Must not speak too soon because I’m afraid that I might screw everything. Still, I think this place is less stressful.

Tag replies:

SimpliSiti: Gathering soooooon horrr! cepat! aku da rindu rudy nii.. hahahaha!!
Mizahh: Taknakk! Kau rindu rudy jerrr. Hahaha! See you on Sunday!

SimpliSiti: aku bacer2 entry2 lamer aku.. and i found this.. " ALA GONJENG.. GONJENG TIPUUUU!!!" ingat tk? hahahaha!
Mizahh: Ingat ingat ingat! Gonjennnnnnnnnnng! Gonjeng tipu! So cute gitu!!! Awww those days. LOL!! Betol2 nye takde keje eh kau!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home