.soulpreciousthots.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Something we all look up to

If I were to mention the word family, what is the first thing that will come to your mind? It would be love for most of you. Others would be happiness. But for me, it would be bonding. That is the most important factor needed in a family. Bonding comes with love, care and concern towards each other. It actually moulds you into the person you are now. It accounts your confidence level, determination, perseverance and personality. Then again, at the end of the day, it depends on you as an individual. Whether you want to make it or break it. Oh, you know what I mean.

I love seeing the bonds between families and how close they are. Sadly, I don’t get that since young. I have to admit that I do get jealous every time I see the strong bonds in a family. When I was a kid, my father didn’t spend much time with us but I don’t blame him for that because I understand he was the soul breadwinner. The next person I’m close to would be my mother. She takes care of me the whole time and sometimes I feel like she’s both my mother and father. As I grew up, my mother started working and the more we don’t spend time with each other. That’s how my family is. We don’t spend time together and the only exception would be special occasion like Hari Raya.

Even with that, I am blessed to have my cousins who showered me with so much love and with them that I see the bond in us. Even some are jealous of us.

But on Thursday, I finally felt it. The bond of a family, so close to the heart. Not only with the cousins around but with the presence of adults. I am so elated just thinking about it! It was Maman’s mama’s birthday and she wanted all of us to be there celebrating with her. Since it was a weekday, everyone rushed from work. Or was it only me because the rest ended work early? That’s not the point. The point is everyone was there. Maman’s family, Bbie’s family. Anoi, Kamal, Andy and I were there. Each and every one of us was there. I could feel the warmth and love, literally. No kidding.

Suddenly, I was smiling the whole time and in my mind, I was thanking Allah and everyone for allowing me to feel the bond, even once. Up till now, I am very contented with the fact that I was given the chance to feel the strong bond in a family. Very contented. Syukur! Now I know that no matter what happens, I know that they will be there for me. So now I see a bigger family, eh? Of course I won’t forget my own family because this is just the beginning and I’m sure we will be closer than this, okay mak? Insya’allah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home