.soulpreciousthots.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Swine



Everyone should already be aware of the case of Influenza A (H1N1-2009) that has been spreading islandwide. Obviously, it has affected almost everyone everywhere. Eventhough Singapore is a safe clean place, it has confirmed 26 new cases bringing a total number of infection 194 as of today, 24th June 2009.

If you read the news, the case is getting wilder. More and more cases are reported lately. I am one of those who thinks that I won't be directly affected by this case as long as I do not travel to the affected countries. But obviosuly I thought wrong. We won't know if we could have came in contact with anyone with or suspected of the Flu.

Just last week, a friend of mine was sent to CDC when he was supposed to book in at Maju Camp. Subsequently, my own boyfriend was sent back home from Camp to be quarantined for a week together with his family. It all depends on his condition during this period to decide if he needs to be quarantined longer. So far, more than few of my friends have been quarantined at home too. It isn't just about spending time at home, not reporting for work but still get paid. It's not as easy as it seems. You have to report you status / condition a few times a day. Very troublesome.

For the record, Niraf didn't allow me to go out as well except to do my tutoring. Right, thanks! In other words, I am also quarantined. WTH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home